iOS / Android Developer
SpanIO, based in San Francisco, is developing products to reduce the cost and complexity of adopting distributed energy systems. We are a group of engineers with a passion for building products that can deliver a positive impact on the environment while enhancing consumer experience. We believe that developing intelligent hardware and software that provides visibility and control at the edge-of-grid will be transformational to the energy sector.
We are backed by domain experts in energy, software, hardware, and consumer finance. We are leveraging our teams collective experience in power generation, energy conversion, controls, and system integration to develop our core product focused on enabling the rapid adoption of renewable energy.
Our novel edge-of-grid control equipment turns homes into autonomous members of the emerging distributed electrical grid. We want our equipment to be mobile-first: users will interact with their new home energy system entirely through their phone. As our first mobile engineer, you’ll be our point person to make this happen.
How do you know if you are right for this job?
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies
• You have built or want to build outstanding mobile apps that users love interacting with
• You understand the value of quality and continuous delivery and want to help teams release frequently and often to production, with high quality
• You have the ability to tackle problems both at the small and large scale
• You have a strong desire to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or Information
• 3+ years of experience developing and designing software UI applications
• 2-3 years of experience developing front-end and back-end native Mobile applications
• Good understanding of iOS frameworks and Android frameworks
• Expert understanding of core computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and concurrent programming
• Ability to analyze user and business requirements to create technical design requirements and software architecture
• Experience must also include:
• Fluent with Objective-C or Swift, and Java
• Xcode, Android Studio, and a Java IDE like Eclipse or IntelliJ
• Object-oriented design, Git, and a popular scripting language
• Developing with HTML, React, JS, CSS, JSON, XML
• Champion of Agile Scrum methodologies
• Experience continuous integration systems like Jenkins or GitLab CI
• Deep knowledge and understanding to create secure solutions by design
• Multi-threaded backend environments with concurrent users
• Experience with tools or languages like:
• Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js and bash scripting languages
• CocoaPods, Instruments, Gradle, ProGuard, Spring
• C, C++, Java and J2EE development experience
• React Native
GET IN TOUCH
If this is you, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!