Span.IO, Inc. (“Span”, "us", "we", or "our") operates the www.span.io website, the Span Home and Span Installer mobile applications, and Span products (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
Commitment to Privacy
We collect the following types of information related to you or your use of our products and Service:
Information from or about you or your devices
We may collect personal information from or about you (such as name, email, address, or other contact information), including:
- From digital platforms such as via our websites, mobile and software applications, social media pages including when you make a purchase, opt in for newsletters, or register your Span product with us.
- From your Span Account. When you purchase and register your Span product, a mobile app account will be associated with your product.
- From payment applications and other forms such as credit related information, date of birth, bank routing information when you make a purchase directly from Span.
- From other sources such as from our certified installers, sales, and marketing partners.
- From your device or browser such as Usage Data sent automatically whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
- Examples of Cookies we use are: (1) Necessary Cookies used to operate our Service, (2) Preference Cookies used to remember your preferences and various settings, and (3) Targeting Cookies used for advertising purposes.
Information from or about you or your SPAN products
We may collect information from or about your SPAN products or your home from you, from your electric utility, via a Span certified installer partner, or from the product itself (directly or via paired equipment, such as a solar inverter). This includes but is not limited to:
- Product performance data to provide and continually improve our products and services, such as installation location and setup information, data related to product performance and use (e.g. battery efficiency, solar production, and other energy data), information related to your home energy consumption, technical information from the mobile app, and other data relevant to diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Product installation information such as the configuration of your electric system, information about your solar and battery system, installation date, and serial number(s).
If you do not wish for Span to collect performance or other personal information about you from Span products, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that opting out of the performance data collection from your Span product prevents Span from identifying and notifying you of issues applicable to your product functionality and performance in real time. This may result in reduced performance, damage or inoperable, and may impact certain features such as periodic software updates.
Use of Information
Span uses the data described above for various purposes, including:
To communicate with you
- To respond to your inquiries regarding our products and Service.
- To complete or fulfill your purchase, including processing payments and delivering your product.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- To advise you of important functional or safety information about your Span product.
- To provide you with news, special offers, advertising and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by contacting us.
To provide and improve our products and Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To gather analysis, usage or other information so that we can improve our products and Service.
- To monitor performance and use of your products and Service.
- To share insights related to additional products and/or services intended to improve your experience and improve your energy consumption.
- To analyze, detect, prevent and address technical issues, security, abuse, fraud or other issues with our products and Service.
- To provide customer support.
- Other uses which we notify you about or which you consent to.
Span may use or share non-personally identifiable information for any purpose, such as for business or research purposes, for analysis that benefits the public or industry, to modify and improve our products and Service, to adjust products and Services to fit your needs, and when permitted legally.
Sharing Personal Information
Span may share your personal information in the following cases:
With your permission
We may share personal information with your permission, such as to add an authorized user to your Span account or if you sign up for programs offered by third party partners (e.g. utilities or energy aggregators). Please note, the terms and privacy policies of any third party partners will govern your use of those products and services.
With service providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in understanding how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
With advertising & analytics providers
As part of business transitions
If Span.IO is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your personal information may be transferred.
For legal reasons
Under certain circumstances, Span may disclose your personal information if permitted to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Please note that if you choose a third party for the purchase or installation of your Span products and share your personal information, we cannot control collection, storage or use of your personal information by that third party. Always review the privacy statements for any company that intends to collect your personal information.
Rights and Transparency
You have the ability to control your personal information in the following ways:
- Configuring your browser to decline cookies where you choose.
- Opting out of analytics tools.
- Opting out of marketing communications.
- Disabling the collection of certain personal information from our products and Service.
- Editing device permissions and changing in-app settings.
Opt-Out of Email. If you wish to opt out of marketing and promotional communications from Span, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below or click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of your email. Please note that we may continue to contact you with important safety or administrative messages even if you choose to opt out from marketing communications.
Opt-Out of Interest-Based Advertising. We use third parties to help us provide advertisements to you that are tailored based on interests that you have expressed on our Services or elsewhere ("Interest-Based Ads"). You also may opt out of receiving Interest-Based Ads from many third-party ad networks, such as those provided by members of the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") at optout.aboutads.info. In addition, the DAA offers AppChoices, a separate choice tool for users to exercise control over the collection and use of personal information through mobile applications for personalized advertising and other related uses. To exercise choice for participating companies, you can install the DAA's AppChoices application on your mobile device. Visit youradchoices.com/appchoices for information on the DAA's AppChoices tool.
The opt outs described above are device- or browser-specific and may not be available for all devices. If you opt out on your mobile device, you may continue to receive personalized advertising on your desktop computer or other devices. If you choose to opt out, you will still see ads, but the ads will not be based on your activities across other apps and websites you use.
Personal Information Requests.
In certain jurisdictions you may have the right to request and receive access to certain personal information we collect related to you or your use of our Services, to correct or amend personal information if inaccurate, have information restricted or deleted from our system, to withdraw your consent to uses of your personal information, and to lodge complaints with local supervisory authorities. In some circumstances, these rights may be limited by local law. If you would like to exercise these rights you may contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section, or update account information from your Span App.
Data Security for Personal Information.
The security of your personal information is very important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use industry standard means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have reason to believe your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately using the contact information below in “Contact Us”.
Transfer of Data.
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal, information to the United States and process it there.
If changes are significant, we’ll let you know with a prominent notice on our Service or by sending you an email or other notification.
Links to Other Websites.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
“Do Not Track" Signals.
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: Span.IO, Inc., Attn: Privacy, 679 Bryant Street, San Francisco, CA 94107